Followers

Monday 23 April 2018

My favourite Pollyanna Pickering image of a Snowy Owl

Hello My Crafty Blog Friends and Visitors

How was your weekend? You will be pleased to know that we signed up for one cow when we saw our friends on Friday. I might be able to post pictures of her  from time to time. I want to call her Rosie but my husband  isn't so sure. The weekend was a mix of shopping and gardening. Plus the amazing electrical storm we had Saturday night.

Last week was Pollyanna Pickering's funeral. It is so sad that she has gone. On that day I decided to make a card with my favourite image of hers. I had this one as a puzzle before I knew about the paper kits and DVD roms. I just wanted to have some time to reflect.


I used the Sandwich box dies from John Next Door to make the lattice in the background. The paper underneath is from Creative World of Crafts. 


As I have said this is my favourite image from Pollyanna Pickering. 


The sentiment came from another Creative World of Crafts pads and I used a Sue Wilson die to cut the tag from the backing paper. 


This is a Spellbinders poppy die. 


I am sure that whoever I send this card to will love it. I have a few of these images left I am going to be careful where I use them. 

I would like to enter the following challenges:

Have a great week. 

Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie

Please follow my blog with Bloglovin

25 comments:

Tracy Welham said...

Stunning card Jackie. Love this Pollyanna image and the beautiful dies. Have a great week. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

sandy's crafty bits said...

Hi Jackie love your owl card and a real tribute to dear Pollyanna rip ... You have bought a COW !! ... hope you have a great week ... happy crafting and love sandy xx

Emma Goddard said...

Stunning card Jackie, yes, very sad, loss of a lovely, kind, very talented artist, hugs xx

Ayoti Mittra said...

Dear Jackie,
Its beautiful love the background and owl
Hugs
Ayoti xx

Katie said...

Beautiful card

karenlotty said...

Beautiful card I had no idea she had died How sad

Kathy said...

Lovely card Jackie

Alison59 said...

WOW This is stunning Jackie :-)

Carole J said...

Such a beautiful card, Jackie! Lovely paper and accents to showcase the gorgeous image! By the way, I think Rosie is a sweet name for your cow! xx

Em Louise Fairley said...

Beautiful xoxo

Jo said...

Lovely card, that image is absolutely gorgeous x

Linda Simpson said...

Fabulous card and love this gorgeous owl. She will be greatly missed.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Stamping Bubbles said...

A beautiful card Jackie and a lovely way to remember a fabulous and very talented artist; it was so sad to hear of her passing.
I think Rosie is a perfect name for a cow; any flower based name is a good name for a cow - Primrose, Daisy etc.
Enjoy your week.
Crafty hugs
Lesley

julie_woolston said...

Gorgeous card Jacjie, just love the Owl and wonderful detail.
Thank you for joining us at Creative Crafting World.
Hugs Julie xxx

Margarets designer cards said...

Stunning card, a wonderful tribute to her.

ALI said...

Lovely card, the image as you say is gorgeous.

Janice said...

Super card Jackie, great image and design.
Janice x

Jenny L said...

Hi Jackie,
I just couldn't believe it when my friend told me that Pollyanna had died was not watching C&C when it was anounced so I would never have known if she hadn't told me.
Such a great loss to the Art community and crafting world she sure was an excellent and talented artist.
She died roughly about the same time as my singing friend so knowing my friend I bet she has her singing in Heaven with her.
Love your wonderful card and as you may know I love owls myself.
John's die looks great in the background also.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

pam said...

Stunning card Jackie, beautiful artwork.
Hugs Pam x

Lisa Bird said...

Wow this is a stunning card and a fantastic tribute to a wonderful lady xxx
Thank you for entering it on the Creative Crafting World Blogspot Challenge xxx

Kate M said...

Fabulous card, love the image and the beautiful colours
xx

htondre@aol.com said...

Gorgeous owl card

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ohhh this is beautiful, love the owl image too. Thanks for sharing with us on Creative Crafting Worlds Challenge this month, Love Hazelxx

Shabneez said...

Wonderful card Jackie - super image. Shabneez x

Herbaholic said...

So sad, I met her when she cut the ribbon for the new annex at the Cats Protection Derby that I help to fund raise for. You've made a beautiful card Jackie :) Hugs - Debs xxx